Monday, April 26, 2010

Success!!!

I did the shows last week and it was fantastic! Even more than making sales, which is always wonderful as my pockets are feeling a bit lonesome lately, but I met some wonderful women. I even have plans to see them again in the future!

I received my daily Handmade Spark Today from Timothy Adam-who is the Etsy guru and on March 28 (I'm a little behind on my reading) there was a really great article from Joyous Treasure's blog, Etsy Treasure Chest about nice and affordable packaging for your Etsy sales-which are going to be many, right?? Some really great ideas, and I immediately got out my supplies to compare what I did with what they showed. I LIKE what I do, but it could stand some tweaking, which I'm playing with now. Here's what I do now:


1. Each piece gets its own little protective pouch made
from T-shirts that I sew up myself-recycling at it's finest!


2. Then they get put into a ziplock baggie along with my business card





3. Then I put them into a really neat pastel padded envelope with cardboard to keep the package stiff.






Changes: I'm keeping the pouch and the baggie, but I tried recycling one of my many, many, many paint cards that I can't stop taking--I just LOVE the shot of color they give me!--and write my 'Thank You!' on it, fold it over the top of the zip lock bag and staple it closed...then wrap the whole in tissue paper with a business card enclosed.

I'm working on adding a small giftie--either a larger printed business card/book mark, or a fridgie magnet. In the past, I've made a little match-book purse notepad and I may still do that...maybe I'll do all of them and you'll never know what you'll get!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to use the paint chip cards. I, too, love to grab them and then think, now what do I do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah--i love them! i've glued them in my journal and written on them as well but mostly just love looking at them and playing with different color combinations

    ReplyDelete