Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A new beginning--creating art in small spaces

Living in an apartment isn't the easiest way to create art but sometimes you just have to find a way to deal with things. I've been wanting to make another skeleton piece but ran out of orange fabric and really can't be dyeing here-we don't even have a kitchen as such, just a refridgerator-sink-stove along one wall of the living room. I decided to try painting the fabric instead.
I did 2 pieces; one I painted blotchy orange and then stamped over in red/orange paint:

The other i stamped also but wasn't as happy with the overall spacing so i restamped over it with a blue checkerboard. This piece will be worked on further; I'm thinking of dyeing it a medium blue to integrate the checkerboard into the background and make the red stamps stick out more.



For now, it felt good and I'm pleased with the start I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment