Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Today is the day/combining my different blogs into 1

Friday, July 18, 2008


So I want to start a blog about something I know and I can't think of anything I know enough about to write expertly on. Then I realize, that's not really true. I may not know tons about any one subject (other than fabric, sewing, and quilting), but I do know a lot about lots of things. That should count for something, for in reality, how many things do we need to be expert about? I had a chemistry teacher who didn't believe in memorizing the elements chart because he said, its always hanging on the wall where you need it so why waste the brain space? The key is knowing where to go for the answers.

I'm married, 16 years now. Most of that time, nothing got done in our home. My husband was a very capable, but extremely busy man and hey, it was his job to do the stuff around the house, not mine!

Well, that ended. We're separated 2 1/2 years now...not divorced, for I was hoping it would blow over and we'd work things out, but I've since come to appreciate my independence. No one but myself to worry about when i paint my living room, and if i dont like it, i repaint it (3 times in 2 years). No one to complain when I turn my entire downstairs into an art studio, prefering to use my kitchen to cut glass rather than vegetables. No one to be annoyed when I drape my laundered undies all over the house because i blew up the dryer and can't afford a replacement yet.
So what is this blog about? Its to celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit, the pioneering know-how, the make do and never say die attitude of women today. We can do so much more than we ever dreamed of! I am NOT a feminist by any means, nor a man-hater. (I believe in the "men, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em! attitude.)

I hope to get a lot of feedback, shared info, and stories of how y'all have coped with your situations. This includes home repair, jobs and income, art, decorating, yard stuff, automobile maintenance (one area I have NOT gone into yet, although I did change a windshield wiper once), and anything else you can think of. I'd like to see help and support, questions and answers, tips and ideas. Stories of how we get along and not just survive, but thrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment